About a Dutch oven – It is a large cooking pot with a tight fitting lid, usually made of seasoned cast iron; some are alternatively made of aluminum or ceramic, and some similar modified products are enameled rather than seasoned. You can read more about Dutch Oven Reviews to know more about Dutch Ovens. This is the most basic type of cookware that was originally made with feet to sit above hot ashes in a wood or a coal burning fireplace. The lids of this type of cookware were made slightly concave in its early times so that hot coals could be placed on the top to provide heat from above and below as well. It is mainly cylindrical, heavy weight and deep cooking pots which are very mush useful for making different food dishes and for many people. It is made up of a heavy metal cast iron or ceramic which provides constant, even and multi-directional radiant heat to the food cooked inside, and suitable for all purpose piece of cookware.
There are many brands and varieties available. One of the best one in dutch oven is Lodge L12CO3 Dutch Oven.
Its uses in cooking and where it can be taken – these days it can be used on a stovetop as a stockpot or in the ovens like a baking dish, can withstand a wide range of temperatures and in different cooking methods. You can a variety of best Dutch Ovens Under $100. Here some of the suitable cooking methods that are used in this product easily and they are like:
- Casseroles – it can be a best casserole because of its ability to work in both over the stovetop and in the oven, many types of meat dishes or aromatics can be cooked easily while on the stovetop, then can be assembled and baked in the very same pot.
- Soups/stews – they are perfect cookware for soups and stews because of their size, shape and thick layered structure, and the heavy metal or ceramic conducts heat well and can keep the food warm for long time. This is also useful for long simmering soups, stews, or beans.
- Roasting – it can transfer and conduct the heat into the food from all directions while placed inside the oven, and the ability to hold this heat can require less energy usage for long and slow cooking methods. The ovenproof lid helps to retain moisture and prevents drying while long cooking times and it makes this perfect for slow roasting meat dishes.
- Frying – the ability of conducting heat is suitable for deep frying as well, because will heat oil evenly, allowing the cook to control the temperature of the fry oil but it can’t be suitable for enameled ovens.
- Breads – it is also being used for bake breads and other baked dishes, the radiant heat acts good for baking the food and the lid holds in moisture and steam, which creates desirably crisp crust over the food dishes.
The need of this product in the kitchens –
As it is a multi-purpose cookware, can be used in both over the stovetop and in the ovens, one can cook many different types of food dishes can be made, so it can be a great product for cooking one pot meals, and one can have it in the kitchens and can use it weekly at least.